We are going to take a look at the Diploma in Personal Training by Focus Training.
I will try to help you decide whether or not it’s the best course for you to qualify as a Personal Trainer.
This course will qualify you as a level 3 personal trainer, but note that you will already need to have a level 2 qualification. If not, you will need to ask to have that as a bolt-on option to become fully qualified with no previous qualification.
Who is the ‘Diploma in Personal Training’ by Focus Training suited for?
The Diploma in Personal Training taught Focus Training is a suitable option for those looking to complete a PT course with a well established course provider, or looking for complete tutor support, or wants to go with a course provider where many students go on to work for top UK gyms.
How much does this course cost?
This course will cost you from £2100 for a part-time course, and from £2500 for a full-time course.
What are the financing and repayment options like?
When it comes to financing for a course from YMCA Fit, there are a number of options to choose from.
- Pay in full
- Repayment plan: e.g. £2250 in monthly, interest-free instalments of up to 12 months. A £200 pound deposit is required
Can I get any money off this course? (Scholarships, funding, promotions)
- This course is eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan – this government scheme can provide you with a minimum loan of £300 towards your course
- This course is ELCAS scheme eligible – this provides up to £2000 per year for members of the UK armed forces.
- See my PT course coupons page for exclusive, negotiated discounts and offers just for my viewers.
How long will it take me to qualify?
If you sign onto the fast-track personal trainer diploma course, you will be able to qualify in 4 weeks.
Can I study this course Part time/Full time?
Yes, part time, full time and blended-learning options are all available from Focus Training.
- PART-TIME OPTION: The course is a blend of home study and face-to-face course spread over three separate non-consecutive weekends.
- The length of the course is dependent on how many hours you can commit to the home study before attending the course days.
What is the format of this course like?
The Diploma in Personal Training involves:
- Practical assessments to demonstrate your ability to deliver personal training sessions
- A case study to outline your knowledge of programming personal training sessions and nutritional advice
- A multiple choice theory exam covering anatomy and physiology
- A multiple-choice exam focussed on the principles of nutrition
- Modules are assessed differently with a mixture of practical assessment, home study, multiple choice theory exams, real life case studies.
Where is Focus Training located?
Focus Training is a nationwide course provider, with 8 learning centres located across the UK (listed below):
Is this course endorsed by REPs?
Is there a standalone level 2 course available?
Yes, you can study for a Level 2 Qualification in Fitness Instructing from £499
How about studying just a standalone level 3 course?
Yes, if you already have a Level 2 Certificate you can get a standalone Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training from £1750
What about level 4 / continued professional development courses (CPDs)?
Yes, level 4 courses are available. Check it out here.
What are the main benefits of signing up for a Focus Training course?
- Full tutor support
- Rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
- One of UK’s leading providers, well established
- Access of Focus Training ‘Jobs Board’, a job listing page used by some of the UK’s top employers
Any discounts available for Focus Training courses?
I haven’t been able to get hold of any exclusive discounts or promotions for any Focus Training courses (sorry!)
Not to worry, If you want to view discounts for other PT courses, check out our Course Discounts and Offers page here. You won’t find these exclusive discounts for personal training courses anywhere else.
To find more information about Focus Training, visit http://www.focus-training.com/
More about Focus Training
Focus Training are a leading provider of Central YMCA/CYQ and Active IQ certified personal trainer courses. We’ve coached and developed some of the UK’s most successful fitness professionals, who since studying to become a personal trainer, have never looked back!
So, whether you’re taking your first step on the ladder with a Gym Instructor Course or ready to take it to the next level, with a Personal Training Diploma, the world of fitness awaits you.
Why Choose Focus Training?
Don’t just take our word for it, Jenny Patrickson, Active IQ Commercial Director says:
“Partnering with such a trusted and established training provider as Focus Training enables us to reach a wider audience with our qualifications and ensures consistent training across the sector, of the highest standard.”
Choosing your personal trainer courses is a big decision. Not only will it help to carve your future career path, but the quality of your fitness qualification will play a large part in building your reputation in the industry. With personal training courses becoming increasingly popular, choosing the right personal training course provider can be more challenging than choosing which course to do!
Sure, you’ll want a personal trainer course that’s affordable and available in your area. But it’s what makes the difference between a piece of paper and a high quality fitness qualification from Focus Training, that will add real value to your career?
- We are one of the largest and most successful providers of personal training courses for health and fitness professionals in the UK.
- We don’t just teach our students. Through our personal trainer courses, we support, develop and mentor our students to succeed in their fitness careers. This shows in our exceptional student pass rates and levels of student satisfaction.
- We live and breathe health and fitness, so are passionate about providing a service of real engagement and high quality. Skills inspectorate, Ofsted rates us ‘Outstanding’.